Sunday 3 April 2016

Day 4 Mansfield to Yea

Wow it was cold last night, yahoo weather said it felt like 4c, it was actually 11c I don't understand how that can be so different especially if there is no wind. Anyway it was cold! Had to pack the tent away wet but it will dry pretty quickly when I put it back up. Gained an hour today, on the track relatively early. Took a while for the day to heat up but the sun was out and it got up to 21c. I guess it's true we Brits are obsessed with the weather. From Mansfield to Merton was pretty much downhill, very nice. Then a 8km slow climb. Then another downhill section to a relatively flat bit. I was starting to get tired at around 65km when I saw a little animal on the rail trail. As I got closer I saw it was a koala! I have been looking up in trees since my trip along the great ocean road hoping to see one in the wild. So happy to see one walking on the ground, I was so happy it made my eyes water. Which in turn gave me more energy to get up the hill to cheviot tunnel. From there it was all down hill to Yea. 85km and just over 5.5 hours of cycling. I am going to sleep well tonight. 





1 comment:

  1. I had always thought rail lines were relatively flat, windy, yet flat! Obviously not.

    ReplyDelete