Saturday 2 April 2016

Day 3 Alexandra to Mansfield

Up pretty early as wanted to get to Mansfield today. The rail trail was busy with riders doing an organised rotary club ride. Nice to see so many people cycling. Was back on the main trail within an hour, then began the slow climb for 15 km, it does tire you out a bit and I felt it in my legs! I decided to listen to some music on my iPod and my little speaker, always good to keep the tempo going. When I got to the highest point on the trail I stopped at a picnic bench for lunch. Nachos and Moroccan pumpkin dip, tasty. Another sunny warm day, did get a bit windy later in the day. Was excited to cross over Eildon Lake but unfortunately there was no water in it! They really do need some rain here. Was tired by the time I got into Mansfield, 77km and 5 hours of cycling. Was hungry too so got the tent up as quickly as possible. Showered and then a delicious tea of four beans, vegetables and cous cous. In bed by 9, the clocks go back overnight so will get an extra hour. Super duper.





2 comments:

  1. I did the exact ride a few weeks before you. The weather was a lot hotter. It was 38 the day I rode Mansfield to Molesworth!

    http://www.snowys.com.au/blog/the-great-victorian-rail-trail-by-bike/

    ReplyDelete